- Give two periods of history.
2. State the 2 theories that explains about the origin of agriculture.
- Independent theory – agriculture is independently for food.
- Diffusion – this started before middle east.
3. Define the term government. – Government means the way of ruling, administering and controlling people.
4. Give 2 types of government.
5. Name the types of tools which were used during the middle stone age period.
- side scrapers
- chisel pricks.
6.sate 3 branches of history.
7. Define the term Agriculture. – It is the art and science of crop and livestock production.
8. Give the meaning of agrarian revolution. – is a radical changes in method of agriculture and livestock rearing.
9. State 3 the reasons why it is important to study history.
- it’s a career subject. A student can pursue a career, e.g lawyer.
- It helps us to appreciate and understand the past way of peoples cultures.
- It helps us understand how people defend and relate with one another in the society.
10. Give 3 archeological sites in East africa.
- Koobi fora.
11. Give 3 characteristics of homo erectus.
- They were tall.
- Had better speech to communicate.
- Were more fast and agile to hunt animals.
12. Give two species of homo sapiens.
13. Give 3 theories that explains about the origin of man.
- Oral traditions – individual, communities and people tell stories of where man originated from.
- The creation theory – is explained in various holy books, the bible and kuran.
- Evolution theory – is a process of slow or gradual changes.
14. Give 3 types of irrigation that was used in Egypt and mesopotamia.
- Basin irrigation.
- Canal irrigation
- Shadoof irrigation.
15. Give 5 reasons that made early man to begin Agriculture.
- Inadequate wild food.
- Climatic changes
- Population increase.
- Retained human beings and animals.
- Natural calamities.
b. Explain the importance of domesticating animals by man.
- Domesticated animals provided regular supply in the form of meat and milk.
- Animal skins were used for clothing and beddings among other purposes.
- The hooves and horns of the animals were used as containers as drinking vessels.
- Animal bones were used to make a variety of products.
- Animals like donkeys, horses and oxens were effective when it comes to transport.
16. Describe how agriculture was in europe before the Agrarian revolution.
- Land bienged to king who gave it to noblemen.
- Land owners practice open field systems where are divide into three: corn and wheat, bean, peas and oat.
- Subsistence farming was practiced.
- Broadcasting method of farming was practice land was not fenced.
b. Explain 5 uses of fire discovered by homo erectus.
- Use fir for lighting .
- Use fire at night when is cold.
- They use it for protection from dangerous wild animals.
- It was used in making of some tools.
- It was used for cooking meat.
17. Give factors that led to development of early Agriculture in egypt and mesopotamia.
- Land reclamation.
- Availability of labor.
- Availability of fertile soil.
- Availability of indigenous crops.
- Good leadership.
B. Explain the impact of early Agriculture in mesopotamia and Egypt.
- Division of labor. This people begin to specialise in specific occupation.
- Urbanization – it brought the growth of urban center’s.
- Development of law and government – as human population is increasing they wanted regulation that could guide people.
- It led to growth of population.
- Social classes – after people increased, a class of people emerged according to measure and degree of wealth.