- Name the political party which led ghana to indipendence. – Covention people’s party.
- Give three roles played by ex-soldiers in growth of african nationalism after 1945.
- They trained new recruits to fight for independence.
- Used weaponry to fight the coloniser’s.
- Help in protecting there communities.
3. Explain 5 factors that led to the rise of nationalism in Ghana.
- Higher education.
- Cutting of the cocoa tress.
- Discrimination in trade.
- Exploitation of local resorces.
4. Explain 5 challenges faced by nationalists in south Africa.
- Loss of life’s.
- Arrests and detentions.
- Banning of political parties.
- Press censorship.
5. Identify two ,methods used by nationalist in south Africa to fight for independence.
- Use of diplomacy.
- Use of demonstrations.
6. Give reasons why it took too long for Mozambique to achieve independence.
- lack of adequate funds to support their leaders.
- majority of the population were white settlers.
- Detentions and arrest of Mozambique nationalists.
7. Give two reasons for the success of FRELIMO in it’s armed struggle against the Portuguese.
- They had support from Tanzania during the armed struggle.
- They used guerilla warfare tactics to attack their enemy.
8. Give reasons for the formation of early political parties in Kenya up to 1939.
- to campaign for better wages and better working pay.
- To promote unity by mobilising to demand for their rights.
- To present grievances of African communities.